As I become more embedded in the dog lovin’ world, I come across more useful stores, websites, blogs, etc. I’ll start to list them here and I hope some are useful :)
A lot of these links relate to two things that are important to me; positive training methods, and providing further information for those interested in learning more about a plant-based diet for dogs. (Note that I do not necessarily endorse or agree with all the opinions expressed via these links – they are here because I have found them relevant to my interests!)
Shopping, products, etc…
- Ethical Pets
- Veggie Pets
- The Eco Dog Company
- The Green Hound Bakery – homemade vegan dog treats
- The Simple Little Vegan Dog Book: Cruelty-Free Recipes for Canines
- Ian Dunbar – Dog Star Daily
- Victoria Stilwell – Positively
- Proof Positive
- Fearful Dogs
- Kikopup channel on YouTube
Links & Articles – Behaviour/Training
New puppy? This is a BRILLIANT collection of positive advice! Resources for new puppy owners
- Why Won’t Dominance Die?
- When Saying NO is Positive Dog Training
- Dog Training – A Divided Profession (Jean Donaldson)
- Punishment in the Dog-Human Relationship
- Dominance in domestic dogs—useful construct or bad habit?
- Common Dog Training Mistakes
- Review of Toni Shelbourne’s ‘The Truth About Wolves and Dogs’ by Marc Bekoff
- ‘Why Dog Trainers Will Have To Change Their Ways’ – John Bradshaw
Link & Articles – Food
- Raw Meat and Bone Diets for Dogs: It’s Enough to Make You BARF
- Vegetarian Diets Can Be Healthy For Dogs (Armaiti May, D.V.M, C.V.A)
- Vegan veterinarian Randall Cannon shares his knowledge about how to truly care for animals
- Can Dogs Be Vegetarians?
- The Truth About Pet Food
- Vegan Pet Food – A Fishy Business? (pdf)
- A Nation of Animal Lovers? (pdf report from Ethical Consumer Magazine)
- Ethical Petfood – Consumer Report (pdf)
- The evolutionary basis for the feeding behavior of domestic dogs….and cats.. (pdf)
- An experimental meat-free diet maintained haematological characteristics in sprint-racing sled dogs (pdf)
- Evaluation of selected high-starch flours as ingredients in canine diets (pdf)
- Your Dog’s Nutritional Needs – A Science Based Guide for Pet Owners (pdf)
Reactive Dog Links
- Rescued Insanity
- Rubicon Days
- Life With Desmond
- Rollin’ With Ruby
- WOOF Support Group (Facebook)
- Yellow Dog UK
- DINOS (Dogs In Need Of Space)
- Kikopup’s Free Videos – Reactivity & Barking
Fun/other Dog Blogs
- Marking Our Territory – This is one of my favourite all-round adorable dog blogs. It never fails to cheer me up!
- Boogie’s Blog (including lots of lovely infographics about positive training)
- Oh My Dog! – A lovely blog following the adventures of dogs Emmett, Lucas and Cooper (and cat Newt).
- Sew Doggystyle – A blog with lots of lovely craft projects and featuring the highly adorable Sebastian.
- Something Wagging This Way Comes – Another favourite blog, with thoughtful, honest, funny and cute posts.
- Tales and Tails – A lovely blog featuring some very beautiful pooches indeed.
- The Chronicles of Cardigan – A fun blog about two lovely welsh corgis.
- The Daily Dog Tag – A beautiful site that features all kinds of professional dog photography.
- The Hydrant – An all purpose site featuring dog news of every kind!
- The Lonely Dogs – Beautiful pictures from a shelter in Mexico.
- Zeke’s Adventures – The lovely Zeke really does do a lot of adventuring!
- Speranta pentru Animale (the shelter we adopted Vulpe from)
- Action Aid for Animals (the charity that enabled us to adopt Vulpe)
- CB Dogs (the training class we attended with Vulpe)
- Happy Paws Services (Vulpe’s dog walker in South Manchester)