I am heinously late in responding to this lovely post by Katie over on DogTailsBlog. Katie runs a pet services business in Hull, UK, and has an adorable German Shepherd named Sam. She very kindly nominated me for this award, and I finally find myself with a spare few hours this gloomy Sunday morning, so I’ve got a cup of tea, the fire’s on, Vulpe’s out with her Dad, and without further ado I’ll answer the questions she set me and nominate the other blogs I have really loved following and reading – some I’m not sure of their ‘official’ number of followers but I was a bit cheeky and included them anyway. I didn’t quite make it to 10 either; it seems I need to do more blogvestigation because a lot of those I follow have more than 200 followers :/ I’ll get on that!
- Link back to your nominator in your own blog; thank you Katie!
- Answer the 10 questions nominated to you.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers (with less than 200 followers) let them know & set them 10 questions too.
- What would be your perfect candle smell?
I’m a sucker for anything that smells of vanilla; candles, bubble bath, body lotion…. I love it! So, candle would definitely be vanilla, but I also love incense and then it’s got to be patchouli.
- Describe your blog in 3 words
Troubled, lovely pooch.
- What was your first pet?
I am fairly sure that my first ‘proper’ pet was a teeny kitten called Tiddles that only had one eye. Many, many pets followed, but Vulpe was the first dog for me!
- Name a time in your life when you’ve stepped back and said ‘wow, I did that’.
I think that completing my undergraduate degree in my mid-20s was a fairly proud moment for me. I tried and failed when I was 18 because of a lot of personal problems, and I was determined to finally get around to it one day. Next step is the Masters in Anthrozoology that I’d dearly love to complete. I’ve been offered a place and now it’s just a case of finding the money!
- Recite your favourite quote
If I’m ever feeling doubtful or melancholy, a read of Desiderata always helps to put things in perspective for me, but I have bucket loads of other favourite quotes. One of my favourite favourites is from Twin Peaks (aka the greatest TV series ever made)….”Garland, what do you fear most in the world?” – “The possibility that love is not enough.”
- Write a short poem using the words dinosaur & gold (I got a bit carried away here!)
A lonely dinosaur guards his gold
He guards it though he’s very old
One day a Knight came by and said
I will slay the dragon dead!
He raised his sword above his head
But before the Knight could deal the blow
The dino raised his talons, “No,
Sir before you take your place in lore,
Know I am a dinosaur.
Dragons kill and dragons scald,
I only wish to guard my gold.
I guard it though I am so old.”
The humbled Knight stepped back and saw
A sad, old, lonely dinosaur.
He cast aside all dreams of gold,
He cast aside his sword and boldly
Told the dinosaur,
“You won’t be lonely anymore!
I will help you guard your treasure,
Helping you would be my pleasure,
And a Knightly task indeed.”
And of course dino agreed.
They became the best of friends,
And here is where the story ends.
No more a lonely dinosaur,
And happy friends for evermore.
- What was your favourite childhood cartoon?
I was pretty fond of Trapdoor, a little known British phenomenon.
- Name your favourite animal themed movie
Wow, so many to choose from. Most make me cry at some point or another! I always have to check films with dogs in at DoesTheDogDie.com to make sure I won’t end up blubbing into Vulpe’s fur. When I was younger, All Dogs Go To Heaven was one of my favourites, but I do end up fits of tears at the end. He’s a good dog! Of course he goes to heaven! Wahhh!
- What has been the biggest change in your life during the past five years?
Ah, this is an easy one. Last Summer my partner of almost 5 years (and Vulpe’s ‘Dad’) ended our relationship, so the months since have been almost naught but upheaval. I’m still finding my feet (and I daresay Vulpe is still finding her paws) but we’ll get there eventually. I wish it could be something more positive, but life is all ups and downs – I guess we’re both due some ‘ups’ right about now :)
- And finally, what would be the name of your much anticipated autobiography?
Wow, I’m really not sure, this is a tough one. I think the theme of my life is “I usually get there in the end” so that’s as good a title as any! Maybe my fame lies in writing poems about dinosaurs though?
Thanks Katie for some really interesting questions! I’m going to try and pick some equally intriguing ones, so here goes….
- What was the first film that really scared you? (If it’s a kids film, be honest!)
- What was your first live concert?
- If you could only pick one sauce to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be? (Mine would be hoisin.)
- Where were you born, and do you live there now? If not, why not?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received and why?
- Do you do your dream job? If not, what would it be?
- Where would you like to retire to?
- What’s the last book you read?
- Who’s your number 1 celebrity crush?
- What’s your biggest guilty pleasure?
And my nominees!
- Life With Isaac
- My Imperfect Dog
- Chronicles of Cardigan
- Rescued Insanity
- Rubicon Days
- Rollin’ With Rubi
Phew! Thanks again Katie and I look forward to discovering more blogs I didn’t know about before :)